PAST THE PEAK
That's right.. we've heard it straight from Boris!
WE ARE PAST THE PEAK! Hopefully this means we can begin to plan for the future and find out what our new normality will be.
As we wait for an announcement next week from Boris to find out what the next stages may be, here's an update from the BBC reporting on yesterdays live Coronavirus update.
PM Boris Johnson said he will set out a "comprehensive plan" next week on how to restart the economy, reopen schools and help people travel to work following the coronavirus lockdown.
He said the UK was "past the peak" of the virus outbreak, but stressed the country must not "risk a second spike".
The government has set out five tests that must be met before lockdown restrictions can be eased, including:
- making sure the NHS can cope
- a "sustained and consistent" fall in the daily death rate
- rate of infection decreasing to "manageable levels"
- ensuring supply of tests and PPE can meet future demand
- and being confident any adjustments would not risk a second peak "that overwhelms the NHS"