Hours per week: 0.00
Salary: £0.00 - £0.00
Fulfilment Operations Manager
V3 are working on behalf of our client who has experienced spectacular growth in sales and profitability in 2020 and now have a need for an experienced Fulfilment Manager to ensure their customers get a five star delivery experience.
Our client’s business was founded in a garden shed and through exceptional customer service, superior products and the passion of the team have become the market leader in metal garden furniture in the UK and have added five other European territories. Last year’s sales grew by over sixty percent to over £8m and they have just moved again into larger offices in Central Portsmouth, ready for the next phase of growth.
The aim is to grow sales to £30m and staff to around 75 as quickly as possible.
This individual will have responsibility for:
Negotiation of Parcel carrier contracts and service levels with our carrier partners including Parcelforce, DPD, DHL, Hermes
Ownership of Pallet networks and Two Man delivery services and full loads
This will include UK to UK orders as well as UK to EU and EU TO EU
Owning the carrier budget and therefore responsible for Invoice checking for all carriers and carrier claims for damaged in Transit
Arrange transport for inter-warehouse stock transfers (full loads)
Management of the relationship and performance of the outsourced warehouse (3PL) partners ensuring that they are continually improving the speed of delivery to the customers. Our client currently have 3 outsourced warehouses as well as their own small operation in Chichester servicing spare parts orders and returns
Responsible for improving storage within warehouses to reduce damage during storage as well as damage in the picking and transit phases
Procurement of consumables including cartons and bags
Help identify new warehouse partners in UK and EU, provide data in order to negotiate storage, pick/pack and final mile delivery tariffs
Possibly own the relationship with our Ocean freight suppliers for shipping containers to UK and EU ports and onwards to warehouses.
Management of the Team of around 4-6 staff to ensure most rapid transfer of orders to our warehouses
Working with IT to continue development of the rules engine for automation of order processing. This involves programming the rules engine to select the optimum carrier for all orders in UK and Europe.
We need someone with an ownership mindset, who will enhance our dynamic, entrepreneurial culture.
What Success Looks Like:
● Delivery and improvement against set Key Performance Indicators
● Delivery against cost targets (own the fulfilment budget)
● Maintaining high standards for operational performance and influence 3PL partners to do the same
● Supporting growth and business changes required within the company and with 3PL suppliers
● Successful development of logistics analytics
● Generation and execution of ideas that push the business forward
Skills and experience you will need:
● 5+ years of leadership experience
● Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with people across all levels of an organization
● Ability to develop the fulfilment strategy and manage the delivery by developing direct reports and influencing the wider business in operations
● Experience with ERP, WMS or similar systems as well as general office software
● Experience of process improvement and process training
● To demonstrate decisions that materially and quantifiably drove a previous business forward through deep understanding & analysis of financial & operating metrics
● Sound decision-making during periods of high demand and pressure
● Flexible attitude - To succeed you should be capable of challenging the status quo, thrive on change and lead from the front
● High Numeracy and analytical skills
● Competitive salary
● Company share option scheme
● Company pension scheme
Sounds exciting? Then we would like to hear from you.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Customer Liaison Officer
£25000.00 - £28000.00
Customer Service Administrator
Customer Account Manager
£0.00 - £0.00
Trainee Recruitment Consultant
£0.00 - £0.00
Data Entry Assistant
£8.36 per Hour
Data Entry Assistant
£8.91 per Hour