Hours per week: 47.50
Salary: £30000.00 - £40000.00
We are currently recruiting for a Tax Senior to head and grow our clients Tax Team based out of Portsmouth.
As the head of division, the TS will undertake a wide range of tax compliance and tax advisory duties:
• Completion of both complex personal and corporate tax returns
• Preparation of corporation tax computations and deferred tax computations
• Provide tax planning advice to Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and HNWI’s
• Liaising with HMRC and assisting with complex investigations and challenges
• Monitor the department’s portfolio to ensure deadlines are met, including liaising with senior management to regularly communicate progress of work
• Reviewing draft financial statements and considering any tax matters arising from the financial statements
• Ensure the department’s work trackers are monitored and kept up to date
• Attending client meetings and supporting Directorship in resolving Client issues
• To assist in the Recruitment process for new team members
The TS will have;
• 3 years’ experience in a corporate tax role, including the preparation of corporate tax computations.
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in a qualified accountancy practice
• A minimum of 2 years' self-assessment income tax returns experience (Inc. writing to clients and preparing tax returns)
• CTA/ACA or ACCA Qualifications
• Excellent understanding of UK tax compliance cycle, income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits and planning for key deadlines/setting targets
• Run a client portfolio of 200 clients (approx.)
• Good IT skills; Sage, Xero, Iris and Excel
The TS must also;
• Have good communication and presentation skills.
• Be able to organise and prioritise and monitor workload effectively.
• Be able to maintain quality and focus whilst under pressure
• Be able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Have a confident communication style with the ability to work well autonomously
• Have good organisation skills and a confident and methodical approach to problem solving
• Have exceptional attention to detail
• Have previous experience of managing staff or reviewing the work of other tax accountants
• Good Remuneration and Career Progression
• Bonus scheme
• Paid Parking
• Study Support
• 23-28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
This job would be best suited to a Tax Senior who currently works in a tax department with experience of working in a client-facing role and who is now keen to progress their career to the next level within a progressive team.
If you would like to know more please call Alvin Edyvane on 07768 896696 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered