Senior PHP & Database Developer
Hours per week: 40.00
Salary: £30000.00 - £38000.00
Here at V3 Recruitment we advocate entrepreneurial spirit, recruiting elite people to join our Business team’s that are not only experts in their field but are creative problem-solvers.
Our most successful team members were recruited for their personality and ethic, secondly for their skills.
We want you if… you’re motivated by change, if you like variety, if you like having your views implemented, in return we’ll give you the freedom to be forward thinking and strive for success.
It’s all about you!
We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, an understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core product software and databases
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration and management of data storage solutions
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Knowledge of PHP web frameworks as well as the ability to code without reliance on frameworks
- Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance requirements
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong knowledge of MySQL/MSSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Microsoft Ceritifed
- Workflows like Grunt/Gulp JS
- Proven people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Understanding of Front-end technologies
You probably want to know a little bit about V3! So here goes…
Working with some of the most dynamic retail brands in Portsmouth & Hampshire, we have a strong dedicated workforce and a reputation with our clients we are more than happy to shout about servicing from shop floor to boardroom!
We work hard and play hard, we have fun with a spark of madness and we're proud to say we like to be different!
As a member of our 'not so normal' but amazing team you'll receive our quirky benefits, things like nonstop fruit, popcorn on tap, a subsidised tuck shop, free flu jab, end of year cash back bonus and free parking.
We’ll even give you your birthday off as a little extra holiday!
It goes without saying, (but we’ll say it anyway!)
Your interest will be dealt with in the strictest confidence, interviews and informal chats can be organised outside of office hours, at a mutually convenient place, we don’t expect you to come to our offices in the first instance, however if you do, we’ll put the kettle on!
If you are interested, please contact Alvin Edyvane on 07768 896696.
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered