Project Manager - Level 2
Industry: Project Management
Hours per week: 37.50
Hourly Rate: £350.00
Contract for 6 months (permanent opportunity available)
The Industry Change Portfolio is responsible for delivering projects and programmes which are driven by regulatory change. The demand for regulatory change has continued to increase resulting in the current portfolio including approximately 60 projects and programmes, with many more in the pipeline. These projects range from business led process change to IT delivery and can be small three month deliveries through to large projects taking up to two years.
• Due to the continued growth in this business area, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join the dynamic team based in Waterloo Street, Glasgow.
• Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of a number of projects to the agreed scope, budget, quality and timescale.
• You will have experience of differing project development lifecycles and methodologies with the ability to deliver within a strong governance framework incorporating a gate review process.
The successful candidate will be:
• highly articulate with effective written
• interpersonal and analytical skills
• strong customer focused approach
• strong influencing skills and attention to detail
• able to facilitate an innovative working environment that supports the companies Vision and Values
We are looking for strong team players who can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and pressurised environment delivering business process redesign as well as IT system change. You will also be experienced at establishing and maintaining highly effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; initiating reviews of existing processes and challenging the status quo.
• You will have the ability to provide flair, leadership, focus and direction for the project team and are able to identify key stakeholders with the experience of a matrix organisation.
• You will provide regular reports and measures to demonstrate performance and progress against the project plan, carry out assessments of requests for changes to existing projects and managing against specified department KPIs.
The Project Manager is the point of delivery of projects to the Group. The role is critical to the successful delivery of projects. A vital part of the role is managing the customer relationships and expectations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Ability to provide leadership, focus and direction for the project team.
• Experience in application/IT based programme or project management.
• Experience of a matrix organisation.
• PRINCE2 methodology to Practitioner level.
• Experience of project cost accounting.
• Excellent understanding of IT products, services and systems.
• High level of aptitude with Microsoft project or similar planning tool.
• Experience of differing system development lifecycles and methodologies.
• Highly articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Strong influencing skills and attention to detail.
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered