Hours per week: 40.00
Salary: £20000.00 - £25000.00
£20,000 - £25,000
The role of the Remediation officer is to ensure efficient, appropriate and customer focused handling of the remediation of customers. You will ensure that you remediate calls with customers where our service fell below our standards (both regulatory and internal, where applicable).
You will need to liaise with insurers and learn the insurer application systems in order to input information and determine underwriting decisions. There will also be the opportunity to handle complaints in an efficient appropriate and customer focused way. Ensuring quality of complaint responses and providing feedback and plans for improved complaint handling.
• Conduct remedial calls to affected customers in accordance with any remedial guidelines and call guides in force from time to time.
• Send remedial letters to affected customers where telephone contact has not been possible.
• Verify all customer details/medical information are accurate and make any necessary amendments either via the insurer systems or by email.
• Maintain central records of remediation & complaints decisions/outcomes with a view to identifying opportunities to improve service to customers. This includes upkeep of the Complaints & remediation Registers.
• Keep sufficient records to demonstrate due considerations to the TCF outcomes.
• Learn and retain detailed life insurance product knowledge.
• Manage personal delivery of decisions and recommendations to resolve customer's problems and diffuse potential risks to business reputation and customer satisfaction
• Liaise with all departments enabling complaints and remediation cases to be resolved.
• To investigate and resolve customer complaints relating in accordance with internal procedures and timescales, regulatory guidelines and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles.
Skills and Expereince
The ideal candidate will be a detailed person with 1st class listening skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines. An excellent communicator, they will build solid relationships with all members of the company and work with them to ensure necessary regulatory requirements are met on a daily basis. The position will need to maintain excellent working relationships with the Complaints and Remediation Manager, the Compliance Department generally, the sales and client servicing functions and the Heads of Operations. In return we can offer career development and progression, company-wide incentives and the opportunity to work within a successful, growing company.
• Experience gained within a similar role or regulatory role within the financial services arena.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A willingness to learn a working knowledge of the FCA handbook, in particular Insurance Conduct of Business (ICOBs), DISP, PRIN (in particular Treating Customers Fairly).
• Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to prioritise to tight deadlines
• Excellent communicator with a calm and patient outlook.
• Commercially aware.
• Excellent organisational skills when managing a busy and varied workload
• Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
• A confident telephone manner and excellent letter writing ability.
• The ability to communicate with all levels of management, from Board level downwards.
• Proactive, not reactive, approach to work
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Software Development Engineer
£30000.00 - £55000.00
£30000.00 - £55000.00
£9.23 per Hour
£30000.00 - £40000.00
Business Development Manager
£25000.00 - £50000.00
£21000.00 - £25000.00