Hours per week: 40.00
Salary: £35000.00 - £45000.00
Position: SQL Developer
Salary: Up to £50K (depended on experience)
My client is looking for a skilled and self-motivated SQL Developer based in Southampton Hampshire. You will be required to deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales. As a Member of one of the Delivery teams they are expected to design, development and test enterprise software solutions.
A SQL Developer is a key member of the Delivery Team, actively participating in the definition, planning and delivery of Iterations. Identifying opportunities for improvement in team & personal effectiveness.
The SQL Developer will be required to collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Delivery Managers and all members of their delivery team.
• Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales/iterations
• Deploy and support solutions through testing environments and work with test/QA teams to ensure quality.
• Provide estimates on new feature development, bugs and change requests.
• Work with the project manager/scrum master, architects and technical leads to prepare designs and functional specifications.
• Investigate reported software/system faults and rectify and report back promptly.
• Perform code and document reviews.
• Participate in all Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered and/or provide day-to-day operational support, investigating reported software/system faults and rectifying
• Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Three to five years’ experience of working in a SQL Development Team, with a keen interest in best practices including:
• Strong T-SQL knowledge including writing scripts, triggers, queries and views
• Enforcement of referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity by using the available options such as constraints etc.
• Be aware of potential blocking, deadlocking and write code to avoid those situations.
• Develop reports in SQL Server Reporting Services.
• Design, Develop and Deploy SSIS Packages.
• Participate in development and creation of Data Warehouses.
• Create cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Experience in large, complex system implementation projects
• Full SDLC experience required to design, code, debug, test, document, and maintain SQL Server based systems.
• Familiarity with functional and non-functional software requirements
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical, functional and management staff
• Clear and concise documentation skills
• Agile SDLC Knowledge with experience working in Scrum teams.
• Knowledge of performing test driven SQL development.
• A proven delivery record and with a delivery focus.
B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW!
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered