Hours per week: 40.00
Salary: £45000.00 - £55000.00
The Acting UK QA Manager’s primary role is to coordinate and manage the efforts of the quality team and provide a focal point for quality matters. The role is also key for business improvement and driving this forward on all sites in the UK.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY TASKS:
• Ensure that customer quality concerns take highest priority within the company and that they are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure that product specific quality features are identified before a build and ensure that the necessary instructions, controls and measures are in place to meet the customer specification.
• Ensure that the company remains compliant with AS9100 through internal auditing and feedback to the management team. Assist the Directors with the preparation of the Company Manual.
• Ensure the company adopts the principals of AS9100 i.e. measuring Customer Satisfaction, Process Effectiveness, and Corrective Action Closures.
• Take direct managerial responsibility for the company Quality Engineers and Final Inspectors.
• Ensure that quality data is collected as per business requirements. Examples are; RMA analysis, inspection data, on-time delivery, test yield and CARs. Assist with the specification and implementation of associated databases.
• Ensure that these metrics are regularly reviewed by the appropriate teams and that corrective/preventive actions take place.
• Ensure that responses are sent back to customers in a professional and timely manner.
• Identify and participate in continuous improvement activities in areas such as process control, training, work instructions, operator awareness, tooling, etc.
• Provide a focal point for the Inspection team in terms of guidance, support and arbitration.
• Represent the company in quality matters. Be prepared to visit customers to discuss quality related issues.
Health and Safety
• Ensure that all health and safety requirements are met and that staff are provided with appropriate information, training and supervision.
Training, Learning and Development
• Manage and develop direct reports through training and mentoring to create a dynamic and flexible team able to respond to the changing demands of the business
Reports directly to the Site Director. Take direct managerial responsibility for the company Quality Engineers and Final Inspectors.
• Degree in appropriate engineering discipline; Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Must be calm, with good communication and negotiation skills
• Must be confident when dealing with customers
• Must be able to juggle and prioritise many issues at once
• Must be conscious at all times of customer perception
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role is essential
• Must be experienced in electronics manufacture with an emphasis on the requirements of the aerospace industry.
SPECIAL FEATURES: any “out of norm” features of the job”
• Business improvement project/s.
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
£10.25 per Hour
£8.50 per Hour
£9.00 per Hour