Mechanical Design Engineer
Hours per week: 40.00
Salary: £25000.00 - £35000.00
Up to 35K
Our client is providing engineering solutions and products in the fields of blast and ballistic protection, vehicle modification, containerised systems and training and simulation devices.
• To advance the goals of the company by producing innovative, exciting and rigorous designs.
• To translate designs into concise and clear workshop and supplier drawings with consideration of the manufacturing process.
• To provide technical advice to tender process including the preparation of specifications, costing and plans based on the customer requirements and expectations.
• To participate in regular design reviews.
• To participate in technical liaison with customers, suppliers and internal teams to ensure that the customer's requirements are met.
• To conduct feasibility studies and engineering assessments.
• To provide technical support to the operations department.
• To develop knowledge and skills within the team.
• To understand health and safety requirements.
• To participate in the performance review process and identify development areas and strengths.
• To participate in continuous professional development.
• Passionate about Engineering and driven to produce elegant, simple and robust designs based on a strong analytical approach?
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate and work with people at all levels.
• Enthusiastic about technology; creative and innovative.
• Self confident and assertive.
• Sound judgment and decision making ability.
• Ability to organise and prioritise a number of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to understand a customer’s requirements and to build good relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
• A degree qualification (or equivalent experience) in mechanical engineering.
• Highly proficient in the use of Solidworks.
• Confident application of classic mechanical engineering fundamentals including mechanics & materials. Proficient in the use of simulation techniques, preferably Solidworks Simulation FEA.
• Design of steel and aluminium structures using a variety of jointing techniques
• Experience of integrating electrical, and mechanical systems.
• Skilled in preparing technical reports and presentations for customers.
• Experience of working within an ISO 9001 organisation.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience of engineering design and development.
• Must be eligible for UK security clearance.
Get in touch now.
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered