Hours per week: 44.00
Hourly Rate: £9.83
£28000- £32000 (dependent upon experience)
I am on the search for an experienced Transport Manager to join a fantastic company within central Portsmouth.
You would be responsible for leading the day traffic operations team and driver team in ensuring the planning of Company and / or Third Party resources, managing vehicle utilisation and ensuring Drivers are given clear and precise instructions.
To ensure that all service levels are met cost effectively and within the constraints of the driver’s hours and Health and Safety regulations
The role-holder will be required to be responsible for and undertake the following tasks:
• To ensure that all elements of the job are communicated effectively to all personnel especially drivers and sub-contractors.
• To plan the effective utilisation of drivers, vehicles, sub-contractors and agency drivers and ensuring that all the companies’ sites are considered when doing so
• To ensure that people under your control work within a safe environment and follow drivers hours regulations when driving
• Close liaison with fellow team members and management to discuss efficiencies and agreed operational practises.
• To assist in the control of equipment ensuring that customer requirements are met and recorded.
• To monitor RDC performances
• To liaise with customers regarding present or future developments
• To assist in the Management of the balance between own fleet and sub contract requirements
• To support and if necessary covering the Operations Manager in meetings or customer reviews
• To ensure that all vehicle and trailer services are completed on time
• To ensure Chainware completed daily and all trips fully resourced on a daily basis
• To undertake additional tasks/duties as may be required by management from time to time
• General Manager
• Operations Managers
• Other team members within the Operations Department
• Operations Support Manager
• On Site Warehouse / Site Team
• LGV Drivers
• Office based supporting a small team, within a larger team in a large open plan office
• Core working hours however a degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business.
Measures of Performance
• Profit and loss cost management
• DOT for major customers
• Utilisation of company and third party assets
• Completion of daily & weekly tasks
• Effectiveness of Driver Instruction
• Communication Skills, Customer Service and Satisfaction
Click apply now!
LOOKING FOR WORK?
The job of your dreams or the career you have always hankered after is just a few mouse clicks away - right at your finger-tips.
Benefits to registering:
- Help your chances of getting a job
- Update your information
- Get the latest jobs by email
- Track your applications
- Have your search history remembered
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
£21000.00 - £23000.00
£25000.00 - £25000.00
£16000.00 - £25000.00
£0.00 per Hour
£30000.00 - £35000.00
£18000.00 - £24000.00